CollegesStudent experienceVlogs

How our college communities are supporting each other during the lockdown.

In this video, I explain how my college has been reaching out to students over lockdown. It’s really important not to feel alone, so I’ve included ways that I’ve been staying in touch with friends and activities my household has been doing to chase away the isolation blues! Hopefully, this video helps provide a sense of how active the college is in keeping students together, and how the whole lockdown experience has affected our social lives.
Follow our students on Instagram and YouTube.

Ruby Tomlinson

Hi, I'm Ruby, a second year English Literature Student from Van Mildert College. Over lockdown I've been putting my running shoes on to get out and about around Durham city and the surrounding countryside (including peacocks!), so I can definitely recommend getting yourself involved in some new exploration. The student ambassador team have all been working really hard to get out our favourite lockdown Durham tips like this and make video content for you to hear from real students, so please don't be shy: have a look at our vlogs and feel free to get in touch with any questions.