People often forget about the little things that help you cope and stay calm on the day of an exam. So we have compiled a handy list so you don’t forget!
- EAT AND DRINK – Have a reasonable amount to eat and drink water before the exam. Some people like to take in sweets to help maintain blood pressure but be wary of noise!
- ORGANISE – Make sure you know where your exam will be held and get to the exam room with good time. Make sure you have all the equipment you need (pens, pencils, calculator…).
- TRUST – Resist the urge to talk about topics on the exam just before you go in. Trust you’ve prepared well and know your stuff.
- COMFORT – You will have to stay in the same spot for a few hours. Ensure you have a jumper and a bottle of water.
- INSTRUCTIONS – Read through the instructions carefully and make sure you understand them. Read through all the questions and divide your time accordingly. Allow time at the end for checking!
- QUESTIONS – Remember to attempt ALL questions as the marks are spread out. Don’t spend all of your time on just 1 or 2 questions.
- PREPARING – For an essay style question, spend 5 or 10 minutes on creating a plan. Practice this when you revise.
- KEEP CALM – try and stay as calm as possible. Take deep breaths and focus your mind.