Public summaries of funded Business Interaction Vouchers can be found here.
Public summaries of funded Proof of Concept grants can be found here.
Titles of the projects that we’ve funded to date are:
– Developing a novel chemo-enzymatic catalytic cascade for the production of stereoselective high-value chemicals
– Characterisation of plant root gene expression responses to a copper nanoparticle barrier
– Enhancing plant metal uptake & nanoparticle deposition for recovery of platinum group metals & gold
– Selection of rare earth elements through uptake by methylotrophs (SERUM)
– Enhancing iron-sulfur cluster functionality in synthetic biology applications
– Robust SARS-CoV-2 detection for COVID-19 diagnosis: Enhancing loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) with single-strand DNA binding proteins
– GLYCOVID-19: Investigating the modulatory effect of metal ions upon the interaction of polyanionic heparin with the SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein.
– FLAVH2: Establishing feasibility for a metalloenzyme system for dihydrogen-driven flavin recycling for chemical synthesis in industrial biotechnology
– Conserving the position of rare codons for the optimised production of commercially-important, cofactor-containing enzymes
Outcomes, testimonials and case studies will be added as projects complete.