Lead institution: IIASA
Other institution: MU/University of Groningen/Modul University Vienna
This event is provisionally scheduled to take place in September 2021
This workshop on interdisciplinary methods for connectivity analysis in socio-ecological systems and Approaches in Network Analysis will be in two parts.
Part 1: A three-day workshop led by Fath/Prell with Huett that will provide an introduction to basic concepts in network analysis, and the tools available for this analysis leading into Social Network Analysis (SNA).
- Day 1: introduction to SNA;
- Day 2 advanced topics in SNA (dynamic processes on networks, temporal networks; led by Fousek);
- Day 3 incorporating (S)NA into research projects and comparison of approaches in ecology and economics.
Part 2: a 4-day workshop led by Kerschner (MUV) that will give ESRs an overview of some of the tools and methods used for understanding complex socio-ecological systems and their networks, as they are used in Ecological Economics, Industrial Ecology and Policy Analysis:
- Day 1: Theoretical Background setting e.g. Goergescu-Roegen and Thermodynamics (MU all), Game theory (EUC) and Agent-Based Modelling (UDur);
- Day 2: Social Metabolism Part 1, Theory; Local Multiplier (MU, Frankova) Material Flow-Analysis, Energy-Flow analysis;
- Day 3: Input-output analysis (MU, CKI, MUV, CKE), MUSIASEM (Multi-Scale Integrated Analysis of Societal and Ecosystem Metabolism) (MU, Cerny) The Post-Normal-Science Approach (MUV, CKE );
- Day 4: Policy, network interventions and (dynamic) multimode analysis (MODUL DCH), Systemic Constellations (MUV, CKE + invited speaker), Gestalt (MU , CKI).