Mr Zheming ZuoKTP Associate
Dr Neelanjan BhowmikResearch Associate
Dr Jakub OpršalPost Doctoral Research Assistant
Dr Qian WangResearch Associate
Ms Nan WangKTP Associate
Dr Ning JiaResearch Associate
Ms Yona Falinie A.GausResearch Associate
Dr Khalid IsmailPost Doctoral Research Associate
Dr Nick BrettellPost Doctoral Research Associate
Mr Zheming Zuo
Dr Neelanjan Bhowmik
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Image processing, Feature extraction, Feature selection, database indexing, Fusion of features.
– Content-based image retrieval (CBIR), Image retrieval by Query-by-Example, Cross-domain image retrieval, Image localization, Cultural heritage photographs exploration, Multimedia linking.
– Distributed computation, Cloud computing, Big data.
– Photogometry, image processing on embedded systems, classification.
Dr Jakub Opršal
I am currently a post-doc at the Department of Computer Science of Durham University. Working on the project of Andrei Krokhin on The Complexity of Promise Constraint Satisfaction.
You can contact me by email at jakub.oprsal (at) durham.ac.uk.
My research is focused on the study of identities and equational theories in universal algebra, and applications to theoreof to computational complexity, constraint satisfaction, and its approximation.
The current project is focused on identities that do not involve composition, and approximate graph coloring.
- with Manuel Bodirsky, Antoine Mottet, Miroslav Olšák, Michael Pinsker, Ross Willard, Topology is relevant (in the infinite-domain dichotomy conjecture for constraint satisfaction problems), preprint on arXiv.
- with Alexandr Kazda, Matt Valeriote, Dmitriy Zhuk, Deciding the existence of minority terms, preprint on arXiv.
- with Jakub Bulín, Andrei Krokhin, Algebraic approach to promise constraint satisfaction, accepted to STOC 2019, preprint on arXiv.
- with Víctor Dalmau, Marcin Kozik, Andrei Krokhin, Konstantin Makarychev, Yury Makarychev, Robust algorithms with polynomial loss for near-unanimity CSPs, Proceeding on 28th ACM-SIAM Symp. on Discrete Algorithms, doi:10.1137/1.9781611974782.22. preprint on arXiv
- with A. Carpi, G. Fici Š. Holub, M. Sciortino, Universal Lyndon Words, MFCS 2014, LNCS, Vol. 8634, 2014, pp 135–146, doi:10.1007/978-3-662-44522-8_12.
- with Erhard Aichinger, Nebojša Mudrinski, Complexity of term representations of finitary functions, Int. J. of Algebra and Computation. Vol. 28, No. 06, pp. 1101–1118 (2018) doi: 10.1142/S0218196718500480.
- with Libor Barto, Michael Pinsker, The wonderland of reflections, Isr. J. Math. (2018) 223: pp 363–398. doi: 10.1007/s11856-017-1621-9. http://rdcu.be/zYj8.
- Taylors modularity conjecture and related problems for idempotent varieties, Order 35(2018) no. 3: pp 433–460. doi:10.1007/s11083-017-9441-4. http://rdcu.be/yAo1.
- A relational description of higher commutators in Mal’cev algebras, Algebra Univers. (2016), 76: 367–383. doi:10.1007/s00012-016-0391-2.
- with D. Donovan, T. Griggs T. McCourt, D. Stanovský, Distributive and Anti-distributive Mendelsohn Triple Systems, Canadian Mathematical Bulletin 59(2016), no. 1, 36–49. doi:10.4153/CMB-2015-053-2.
- Some very weak height 1 identities, AAA 97, Wien, Mar 2, 2019.
- Promise constraint satisfaction, SSAOS, Špindlerův mlýn, Sep 4, 2018.
- Blockers of linear Mal’cev conditions, First Algebra Week, Sienna, Jun 20, 2018.
- An algebraic view on promise constraint satisfaction and hardness of coloring a d-colorable graph with 2d-1 colors, Schloß Dagstuhl, Jun 5, 2018.
Dr Qian Wang
(email at email@example.com)
Dr Qian Wang joined the ICG group as a post-doc research associate supervised by Prof. Toby Breckon since Nov. 2017. He received his PhD in Computer Science from The University of Manchester in 2017, Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering in 2013 and Bsc in Electronic Engineering in 2010, both from University of Science and Technology of China.
- Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Zero-Shot Learning, X-ray CT Image Processing, Human Action Recognition
Ms Nan Wang
Dr Ning Jia
My research intereset includes biometrics and computer vision. Specifically, my work focuses on human identification using gait recognition, as well as object tracking and foreground detection.
- Jia, Ning, Sanchez, Victor & Li, Chang-Tsun (2018). On view-invariant gait recognition: a feature selection solution. IET Biometrics 7(4): 287-295.
- Jia, Ning, Sanchez, Victor, Li, Chang-Tsun & Mansour, Hassan (2015), On Reducing the Effect of Silhouette Quality on Individual Gait Recognition: A Feature Fusion Approach, in Brömme, Arslan, Busch, Christoph, Rathgeb, Christian & Uhl, Andreas eds, Lecture Notes in Informatics (LNI) – Proceedings Series of the Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI), Volume P-245 2015 International Conference of the Biometrics Special Interest Group (BIOSIG 2015). Darmstadt, Germany, Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V, Bonn, 17-21.
Ms Yona Falinie A.Gaus
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
PhD survivor with quantitative background and experience in image processing, image retrieval, analytics, statistics, machine learning, cognitive and behavioural sciences. Passionate about using big data and quantitative modelling to bridge the gap between human-human interaction/human-computer interaction analyses.
Dr Khalid Ismail
Dr Nick Brettell
(email at email@example.com)
- Bonnet, Édouard, Brettell, Nick, Kwon, O-joung & Marx, Dániel (2019). Generalized Feedback Vertex Set Problems on Bounded-Treewidth Graphs: Chordality is the Key to Single-Exponential Parameterized Algorithms. Algorithmica 81(10): 3890-3935.
- Brettell, Nick, Chun, Deborah, Fife, Tara & Semple, Charles (2019). Matroids with a cyclic arrangement of circuits and cocircuits. European Journal of Combinatorics 81: 195-209.
- Brettell, Nick, Whittle, Geoff & Williams, Alan (2019). N-detachable pairs in 3-connected matroids I: Unveiling X. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B
- Brettell, Nick, Campbell, Rutger, Chun, Deborah, Grace, Kevin & Whittle, Geoff (2019). On a Generalization of Spikes. SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics 33(1): 358-372.
- Aboulker, Pierre, Brettell, Nick, Havet, Frédéric, Marx, Dániel & Trotignon, Nicolas (2017). Coloring Graphs with Constraints on Connectivity. Journal of Graph Theory 85(4): 814-838.
- Brettell, Nick & Semple, Charles (2015). An Algorithm for Constructing a k-Tree for a k-Connected Matroid. Annals of Combinatorics 19(1): 29-78.
- Brettell, Nick & Semple, Charles (2014). A Splitter Theorem Relative to a Fixed Basis. Annals of Combinatorics 18(1): 1-20.
Chapter in book
- Bonnet, Édouard, Brettell, Nick, Kwon, O-joung & Marx, Dániel (2016). Parameterized Vertex Deletion Problems for Hereditary Graph Classes with a Block Property. In Graph-Theoretic Concepts in Computer Science. 9941: 233-244.